This tutorial is about how to turn Google Chrome Fake Google Search Box into a real one. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How To Turn Google Chrome Fake Google Search Box Into Real. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How To Turn Google Chrome Fake Google Search Box Into A Real One
Even though Google Chrome is a popular browser used by billions of people around the world, it still suffers from major issues. Several people have noticed the fake search box that appears on Chrome’s New Tab page. It’s strange that the search box is just a dummy and doesn’t perform any search function. However, many Chrome users were disappointed when they found that the search box returned no search results. As a result, some users submitted two bug reports to highlight the issue.
One of the users suggested: “The NTP search field should work as an input (not a ‘focus jump’, especially in fullscreen mode).” On the other hand, the search box we see on the Bing search page works well. Google has been working on a viable solution for this problem for months. Now, it looks like the company has finally shipped a new flag in Chrome 79. Google seems to be testing a new flag that will let you enable a real search box in the browser’s NTP.
How to turn it into a real one?
You may not like the fake search box because it offers no advantage over the address bar. However, Google provides a way to turn the fake search box into a real Google search bar.
- Type chrome://flags in Google Chrome search
- Look for “Real Search Box on New Tab Page”.
- Enable function flag
- restart the browser
Change false search field to true
You can use Google Chrome‘s experimental flags to replace the fake search box with a real one. Follow the instructions below if you want to change the fake search field and use it for the real search.
- Open the “chrome://flags” URL command in the address bar. Chrome will show you a warning message that the flags are for experimental purposes.
- Type “search” in the search box to filter relevant flags. Look for the flag called “Real Search Box on New Tab Page”. Alternatively, you can use “chrome://flags/#ntp-realbox” this command URL to access this flag directly.
- By default, the flag is disabled in Chrome. Click on the drop-down menu and choose the “Enabled” option. Please restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
- Now type your query in the search box to see it works like a real Google search that accepts text input. You can get the recommended predictions just below the search box without going through the address search bar.
Final words: how to turn the fake Google Chrome search box into a real one
Hope you understand this article How To Turn Google Chrome Fake Google Search Box Into Real, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.